Skip to main content

My travel docoment expired and the us embassy what uscis to help me

Minneapolis, MN |

USCIS. can you help me be able to determine whether iam still eligible for entry to the United States. after 4 years expiration of my travel docoment

i sorry i mean the us embassy want uscis to help me with this case

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


USCIS will not lift a finger to help you. Your permanent US residency has been deemed abandoned by operation of law when your Reentry Permit expired.

If you can find (and show) "compelling" reasons (e.g. kidnapping by the Taliban or something, medical emergency (which lasted 4 years??) why you should be readmitted as a "special immigrant", you can be readmitted

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


We would need more information to provide you with useful advice. Were you an asylee or refugee? Chances are that if you were outside the U.S. for 4 years you will have lost that status. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.


Assuming you are outside the USA and have a current visa or immigrant status to re enter the USA, I suggest you make an appointment at the US Consulate to assist you.

If you are the same person that has submitted two previous posts to this site, it sounds like you probably lost your status as an LPR or Asylum because you remained outside the USA for a long period of time and you returned to the country where you claimed you could not return to in order to get asylum.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer