Skip to main content

My surgery has hurt me more than helped me and my doctor's only answer is a cortisone shot or second surgery. He is not helpful.

Cincinnati, OH |

My surgeon has been very unhelpful post operation. I am hurting more than I was pre-op and its been 3 months since the operation. I had a hip arthroscopy to help a Femur Acetubular Impingment and now I have tingling in my foot, groin pain, and unable to return to normal activity. He told me the maximum recovery would be 3 months. Now he is very unhelpful at looking into why I am not healing. He only sees me for less than 5 minutes and jumps to his next patient. I don't appreciate his lack of care or concern for correcting my issues. And now I'm stuck with a $900 bill for a surgery that didn't work, and a gimp leg. Any help would be much appreciated.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This is not really a question that I as a personal injury attorney can be of help to you. I am sorry for your suffering and understand your frustration. Perhaps you should obtain copies of your medical records & seek a consultation with another doctor to obtain a second opinion - hopefully that doctor will be more helpful and understanding. Good luck & best wishes for a speedy recovery.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


If you perceive that the doctor has been negligent in some way while providing you care, you ought to sit down with a personal injury attorney that works in the field of medical malpractice.

Best of luck to you.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Sorry to hear about this. You should get evaluated by another doctor.


You need to get a second opinion and have a medical malpractice attorney review the file.

Sagi Shaked is a Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Attorney. To schedule a free consultation, call (877) 529-0080 or (305) 937-0191. I am licensed in Florida, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or Florida law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only and do not create an attorney client relationship. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is different and fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer