Skip to main content

My status is Asylum, i don't have a job right now. Do i need to fill the tax form?

Fremont, CA |

My status is Asylum, i don't have a job right now. And i have a baby. My only income is cash aid, food stamps. My husband hasn't immigrant to US, but he applied and it's already in process. We are living in some saving. Do i need to fill the tax form?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Tax question. For immigration purposes you need to comply with tax law. What that means, you will ask the tax attorneys. I reposted your quesiton there.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


You are a U.S. resident so you must report taxable income just like a U.S. resident. It doesn't sound like you have any taxable income right now. You should get to know a competent tax return preparer so that you have someone to ask questions to as they arise.


I agree with my colleagues.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.