Skip to main content

My spouse has a valid B1/B2 visa. What happens to the B1/B2 visa if my spouse goes for H4 stamping?

Chicago, IL |

My spouse wants to come and stay with me for some time (more than 6 months). My spouse is a working professional. Will come on sabbatical.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What are you asking? Will she be approved? Will the revoke the other visa? How long will she get in the U.S.?

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.



Will they revoke the B1/B2 visa?

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman


Not necessarily.


Nothing unless the consulate decides to cancel those.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


That is up to the consular officer.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer