Skip to main content

My spouse filed for divorce in 2011 in Gregg County, he changed his mind. But i still want to dissolve the marriage. Do i have

Gladewater, TX |

to file now or ask him to continue

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce
Attorney answers 2


If your husband's case is still pending (call the clerk and ask), then you only need to file a counterpetition to force it forward. A counterpetition is cheaper than an original petition. If the case has been dismissed for want of prosecution, then you have to start over.

The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your community. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state


I agree with Ms. Langford. If the case is still pending, file a counterpetition. That way he can't cancel the case (nonsuit the case) out from under you.