Skip to main content

My spouse and I have already filed all the paper work but he has been arrested what will happen now

Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Attorney answers 5


Hello. Please have an experienced immigration attorney examine the arrest. Not all offenses make one ineligible for adjustment of status but some do. The attorney will need to advise the criminal defense attorney how to handle. We have both immigration and criminal defense. Regards


It is not clear from your question: Is your spouse a US Citizen, or Permanent Resident? And, what was he arrested for? You definitely need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney about the situation.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


If your spouse was out of status, he might be placed in ICE detention and issued a notice to appear. You can check if he has an ICE hold. Best to call an immigration attorney who can evaluate his case and guide your through the necessary steps.


Paperwork for what? Arrested for what?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You should consult with an immigration attorney with a background in criminal law. Although your husband is a US Citizen, depending on what he was arrested for and without more information, it's hard to be able to say "what will happen now".

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer