Skip to main content

My son was sent to devens FMC he has 24 months . The judge recommended drug program but the camp doesn't have rdap ..

Brooklyn, NY |

Does this mean he didn't qualify for rdap or will they transfer him later date ... If not how much time will he end up doing without the rdap program ... At camp plus HWH break down please , thx in advance ....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

The Bureau of Prisons has a "24-month" rule for RDAP (Program Statement 5330.11). However, because of good-time credit, the actual sentence to qualify for RDAP is at least 27 months. Your son can challenge this rule, however. Perhaps you should contact your son's former attorney to discuss this issue.

I wish you and your son the best.

No attorney-client relationship is created by responding to any question on Avvo. Further, nothing contained in any response may be relied upon as legal advice.


He would serve roughly 22 months. If you go to the website, you should be able to see his expected release date. Even if the camp had RDAP, he might not be able to get in with only a 24 month sentence, BOP often requires that you have 36 months or more to serve in order to qualify for RDAP.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is offered for informational purposes only. Only a lawyer fully versed on the facts and circumstances of your case can properly advise you on the case. I am licensed to practice in Minnesota, not every state. You should always consult with an attorney licensed in your area on how best to proceed.


See Bureau of Prisons website and ...

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights. Good Luck.




Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado

Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
Jackson Heights, NY 11370
T. (347) 628-2391
F. (718) 672-4728

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer