Skip to main content

My son was living with his aunt and I had a court order to pay child support till he turned 18/finished high school

Columbia, MO |

I just found out that he dropped out of high school when he was 15 and that he was no longer living with his aunt at this time I was paying child support. I live in MO and the court order is from IA . My son is now 19 and lives with me. I'm thinking about getting an attorney to amend the court order and have the amount for the back child support applied to the balance since he was not living there when I was paying child support . What steps do I need to take?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You will need to show the court that he is emancipated and no longer in need of child support. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.