My son was involved in a traffic accident while driving my car. He is currently 17 years old , with a Driving Lic.

Fresno, CA |

I believe my insurance policy will exclude him from coverage, I am not sure. Does it make a difference if I allowed/ gave permission to use my car on the day of the accident....Of course, My son claims it was the other person's fault. The police report suggest that may son may have failed to stop at a stop sign. Any advice?

If your son was specifically excluded from your policy and you let him drive your car anyway, then he and you (as owner) will personally be liable for the damages, though your damages will be limited to $35,000.. And if the insurance exclusion was due to his past poor driving record, you may have unlimited liability for "negligent entrustment" of the car, just as if you had been driving yourself.