Skip to main content

My son was involved in a car accident in 2006. I sued on his behalf and he was awarded a settlement when he turned 18 in 2009.

Middlefield, OH |

I was in a car accident 2 weeks ago. I was injured and my car was totaled. The other driver admitted that he was at fault. Can I recover medical costs and pain and suffering or will it look bad because of the previous lawsuit.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

The prior case will have no impact on your ability to recover damages in the current motor vehicle collision. All measures of damages, economic (medical bills, expenses, etc.) and non-economic (pain, suffering, etc.) are available to you.

Disclaimer: This does not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been formed through this answer.


Definitely not. Your son's case is separate from your case. I hope you got checked out at the hospital following your accident. Assuming the person who hit you is insured, you should speak to an attorney to assist you with your claim. I'd be happy to speak with you.


No. It will have no effect on your case. Get the medical treatment you need and consult with an attorney to further advise you.

Attorney Sternberg is admitted to the practice of law only in the State of Ohio. His answering of this question does not constitute an attorney client relationship, nor can his answer be relied on since the question does not permit Attorney Sternberg to seek additional information necessary to render an legal opinion.


I agree with most coments. If you injured the same body parts in both accidents then there may be an issue with damages. Otherwise you certainly have a right to proceed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer