Skip to main content

My son was injured when my shopping cart tipped over. He suffered a serious head injury, should I take action against Kroger?

Lambertville, MI |

My son is 4 and suffered a concussion, fracured skull and bleeding on his brain. We spent 3 days in the PICU at Toledo Children's Hospital.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Absolutely. Without knowing more about your specific situation, I do not know how strong your case is. That being said, you should absolutely seek legal counsel to determine whether or not this is something worth going forward with. You will have tens of thousands of bills to pay as a result of this accident. If a corporation like Kroger is liable or responsible for it, they should assist you in paying for it.

-Attorney Scott M. Aaronson
Free Consultations (and speak directly to me) 877-I-CAN-WIN (24/7)


I am very sorry to hear this. You should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in your area. The attorney can review the facts of your case and evaluate the merit of pursuing a claim against Kroger. Best wishes to you and your son.

The information provided by me should not be considered legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. I am licensed to practice law in Florida and you should consult with an attorney in your area for legal advice. The information exchanged on is not privileged and you should not share confidential information over this forum.


Seek out and hire a local personal injury trial lawyer without delay. It will only cost you the time to find the right one.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


I'm very sorry to read about this. Best wishes to your son.

The issue whether legal action can be taken depends on whether there was something wrong with the cart or whether there was something on the floor that caused the cart to tip. Kroger has video cameras that records events. You need to take immediate action to inform Kroger to preserve the video if you feel there was something wrong with the cart or poor maintenance of the floor.

I just finished a trial last Friday against Kroger where no videos were preserved. If you'd like more information, please contact our office.


yes you should. My firm has helped injured people recover millions. We associate with a California firm that specializes in brain injury. I recommend you call us immediately. We can help.

This is not legal advice. This is merely a recommendation on how to get what you need from the Court.


Yes, you should take action. Your best approach is to consult with a local attorney with experience and a solid reputation in these matters. Good Luck


If you haven't already you MUST contact an attorney experienced with traumatic brain injury cases. I could refer you to an attorney in your area. Please read this article about TBI. It will help in answering your question.

Dan Buttafuoco

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. NY Attorney, Daniel Buttafuoco, has been voted BEST LAWYER five years in a row and has represented clients all over the United States. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Daniel Buttafuoco strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer