Skip to main content

My son was in an accident last Friday night due to snowy slippery coditions and totaled my truck. Not cited or charged in any wa

Needham, MA |

He was brought to hospital conscious in an ambulance . No charges or any ticket issued that night . When in e.r. He caught officer going thru his clothes and wallet removinng his license. No breatherlizer was given or asked for ath scene or hospital. The doctors forced him under threat of sectioning him to take hi s blood. He was trying to refuse it.
Today he reieved in the mail a ticket for oui driving wreckless and possesion of under ounce of pot and open container which was a empty nip . On the ticket it's checked off car wasn't searched. Again car was towed not impounded . He. Was not charged or cited at scene or that night yet ticket is dated and timed at time of accident . Another strange thing is his iicense was returned in the mailed ticket .dvise needed things seem wrong here

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Speak to an attorney, ASAP

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.


You should immediately seek out the advice of an attorney local to you in MA. They will be able to discuss options with you and retrieve further information. Best of luck.

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at www. I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


You should seek the advise of a criminal law attorney who is versed in Mass OUI laws/search and seizure issues. Your auto insurer will probably deny payment of the Personal Injury Protection (medical/lost wage payments) because of the alleged OUI. If you have health insurance make sure the hospital and other providers bill your health insurance.


Your son needs to call a local OWI attorney ASAP. Look right here on

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


Bottom line is that he needs to retain a DUI lawyer immediately. He's lucky he didn't kill someone driving under the influence, otherwise he would have a vehicular manslaughter charge.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer