Skip to main content

My son was charged with robbery and car jacking charges 8 months ago he is currently in county how long do they have to indict

Camden, NJ |

he has 4 counts of robbery 1 count of car jacking and some other small things just how long will he have to sit and wait to be indicted he has been there for 8 months and nothing has happen

he has not been indicted on anything yet

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Prosecutors call, seems like an exceedingly long time, my suggestion is to retain a criminal defense attorney who can help you sort out the process.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.


There is no strict deadline, but that is longer than it should be. Hire a lawyer to help.


If an indictment has not been handed down within 6 months you could make a motion to dismiss. Hire an attorney ASAP.

CALL US AT 855-578-0449 TO ARRANGE FOR A CONSULTATION IF YOU LIKE THIS ANSWER PLEASE INDICATE YOUR APPRECIATION BY SELECTING IT AS "BEST ANSWER." Law Offices of Benjamin G. Kelsen, Esq. LLC 1415 Queen Anne Road, Suite 206, Teaneck, NJ 07666 Phone: 201-692-0073/ Fax: 201-692-0151 Web Site: / Email: NOT LEGAL ADVICE: The above information may contain an opinion which does not constitute legal advice. Unless a retainer agreement has been signed, we are not your legal representatives, and you should not rely on any opinions contained in this message.


that is a very long time. An Attorney could help you speed the process up. They may be holding him because they know that he does not have an attorney.

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. There are always specific facts that are important for an attorney to review before providing advice to a Client. In no way should you rely on the response provided herein to conduct your legal affairs on your own. You should always hire an attorney before you rely on advice provided.


There is no "speedy trial" in NJ that sets a strict time. You can file a motion to move things along. But his attorney may not think that is best.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer