Skip to main content

My son was assaulted at high school and is now suffering from a concussion. Can I sue the student that assaulted my son.

Londonderry, NH |

My son was lured out so the attacker could hit him from behind. He continued to throw many punches on my son's temple area and was pulled off by an administrator. He got free of the administrator and continued to hit my son again. This was all caught on video tape and the officer at the school said he was arrested and charged with assault. My son never defended himself being afraid of getting a suspension.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4




Make sure your son receives thorough medical attention. Then consult a personal injury lawyer. From your posting it appears your son has cause of action for civil assault and battery. Your son should be able to recover his past and future medical expenses and general damages for pain and suffering. The attorney you retain should explain the process in greater detail provide you with further guidance. Good luck.

This response is for information purpose only and does not constitute a legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes, as well as the students who lured your child out. Assuming these people are criminally charged, you may also try to pursue some kind of a restitution order to pay for your child's medical care and treatment. Speak with your local prosecutor's office about this possibility.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.


My firm handles personal injury cases. I would be happy to offer you and your son a free consultation. My office number is 603-223-6613. Best wishes.

Chris Buck

This is an advertisement for legal services. No commentary on this website is intended to be legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created by using this site. Readers are encouraged to call Attorney Buck for a consultation or seek a referral to an attorney by contacting the NH Bar Association at Attorney Buck is online at