Skip to main content

My son's name has been placed on the birth certificate,how does he go about filing an affidavit of parentage, or bringing a cour

Douglas, GA |

My son has a baby with his ex girl friend she lets him see him when she feels like it and when she don't get her way she don't. He pays her child support every week.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The only way for your son to have a right to custody/visitation would be for him to receive an order for custody/visitation. He needs to file a Petition for Legitimation with the Superior Court of the county where the child lives. Until he does so, he will always only be entitled to whatever the girlfriend allows but will be continue to be responsible for child support.

I hope this information helps answer your question(s).

~ Kem Eyo

The above answer is a general explanation of legal rights and procedures. It does not constitute legal advice. Nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship between the individual posting the question and the attorney providing the answer.

Ikemesit Amajak Eyo

Ikemesit Amajak Eyo


By the way, there is no such thing as an affidavit of parentage.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer