Skip to main content

My son's father and I was court ordered to take a paternity test, but my ex refuse to find a center and pay for the testing

Jacksonville, FL |

My case is about to go into default because he refuse to establish paternity, how can I enforce a paternity test on my son's father? What's my next step in my case? My son is 9 months old now and his father has been denying him since I was 5 months pregnant. I still allow him to visit even though he constantly denies my son.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to hire an attorney. Find a lawyer in your area using the AVVO search feature and schedule a consultation. You can force the father to submit to a DNA test by requesting that the court issue the appropriate order. However, your attorney will know best how to handle this.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


Definitely talk to an attorney in the area. You can compel him to take a paternity test.

Please note that the answers provided herein are the attorney's professional opinions based upon the attorney's experience based upon the information provided to the attorney as part of the attorney's participation in the setting of this forum. No responses posted by the attorney in question are intended to be legal advice or professional advice of any kind. No attorney-client relationship is being established or solicited. The attorney will not make any communication with the person asking the question unless that person independently contacts the attorney outside of this forum.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer