Skip to main content

My son is being charged with Murder 2 I NEED a criminal defense lawyer pro bono

Seattle, WA |

My 20 year old son is being charged with Homicide INV and Murder 2 we need help his next court date is Aug 2nd, where can I find a lawyer that will work a High Profile Case Pro Bono???? Please Help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


This is obviously a very serious criminal prosecution. I hope that your son already has a legal representative, if not he needs one ASAP! If he cannot afford a private attorney, he needs to ask the court to appoint him a Public Defender as soon as possible. This is urgent when facing these charges.

There are some attorneys who accept pro bono cases that practice criminal defense law. However, it may be difficult, given your post of a "high profile case" in "federal Court" ( I assume this is not in the federal jurisdiction and you selected the wrong practice area) and it is pending in state court. Good luck.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


There probably are no attorneys who will accept a case of the nature you describe pro bono. Murder cases are very time consuming. Attorneys need to make a living just like everyone else.
Keep in mind that the fact that attorneys are human. There are good and very competent attorneys in the public f=defender's office.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


If you need a lawyer pro bono, that implies your son will qualify for a public defender. Most of the public defenders that are asssigned Murder cases in Seattle/King County are very able.

Besides a lawyer, your son will probably need an investigator and possibly other expert services. In any event, if your son does not qualify for a public defender then he can afford to contribute to his legal defense and it is not reasonable to expect such services to be provided pro bono.


Your son definitely needs the best lawyer he can get. You're looking at a substantial initial retainer for a good lawyer for this type of case. Most likely you will not be able to find a good lawyer who will take the case pro bono. Lawyers have secretaries and other over head to pay even when they are doing a case pro bono. This type of case usually takes a great deal of time and effort to defend. I think your son probably will be better off with a public defender over a "cheap" or inexperienced lawyer. Normally, the public defender is required to assign one of their more experienced lawyer to this type of serious case. As in everything, some are better than others.