Skip to main content

My son is 22 years old. He is receiving SSI. Would he be eligible to apply for Welfare

Bronx, NY |

My son has Development Delays and Hemophilia. He has arthritis in his ankle which makes it hard for him to stand for long periods of time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Dear Parent:

Your son is receiving services but have you looked at New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD)?

And have you ever checked out YAI?

New York State and many local governments provide support and assistance for persons with Developmental Disabilities. You had to work your way through the system to obtain the SSI. Someone you met in that effort could surely let you know if your son can receive SSI and PA at the same time.

Good luck.

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer