Skip to main content

My son is 22 and lives with his friends. Do I still need to be on his school papers?

North Brunswick, NJ |

He needs to apply for grants and aid to continue his education. I heard he has to be emanicpated from me. How is that done and do I have to do that?

+ Read More

Filed under: Education law
Attorney answers 1


If he has moved out and you do not support him, he is already emancipated based on his age.

The previous information is solely for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please contact an attorney in your area for more specific answers. Responding to your question in no way creates an attorney/client relationship, and none of the specific guarantees of privacy exist. If you have found this information helpful, kindly check the "helpful" box.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer