Skip to main content

My son is 21 and is still living with us and I want to force him out on his own. How do I do this.

Spring Hill, FL |

He doesn't have a job and is not going to school. He doesn't help around the house.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

You may want to file an action for unlawful detainer pursuant to chapter 82 of the Florida Statutes.

This communication is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


You need to formally evict him. This is more in the realm of landlord tenant law.


Ask him to leave. Offer him money to leave, or file an unlawful detainer action.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship.


File a complaint for eviction. Use of a lawyer is recommended in your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer