My son has been bitten 58 times by bed bugs in a hotel we have been staying in. The hotel is back-peddling, they want us to pay

Shreveport, LA |

we have been in this hotel for two weeks until I figured out where the bites were coming from. I thought mosquitos or possibly fleas from dogs, as we have been visiting friends and family during our visit here. On Monday morning when my son woke up with more bites it hit me like a freight train - I pulled back the sheets and found the mattress pad had two bed bugs - I gathered them in a tissue, bagged the mattress pad and took pics of my son's bites - I went to the front desk, saw the manager and a regional sales manager and they proceeded to enact the bed bug protocol and they said our belongings would be replaced and our stay would be comp-ed. since that moment, the national brand and the local owners have done nothing except to file an insurance claim! and they are debiting my card!

Sounds like it might be a good idea to consult with a local personal injury lawyer familiar with bed bug cases. You son may be entitled to compensation for his injuries in addition to the other damages you sustained.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

thank you Sir, that is why I posted on this website, I'm hoping for a reply from someone in this area to advise me. I'm trying to remain strong and positive but the circumstances at hand are taking a toll on my good attitude. I want to advocate not only for my son, but other children who may unknowingly find themselves in this same situation. This is unacceptable. Thank you for your encouragement.

Consult a LA personal injury attorney and make sure he/she is familiar with bed bug cases.

The author of this answer is an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of Arizona. Unless both you and the author have signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not the author's client, and the author's discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author, and are neither privileged nor confidential.

Consult a local and qualified personal injury attorney as soon as possible. This claim will fall under the commercial liability policy. Use the Avvo search tool to locate an attorney.