Skip to main content

My son had a bycicle accident due to hitting a pot hole on a county road. When he fell off his bike his stomach hit the handle

Tacoma, WA |

bars and his stomach lining ripped and his intestines came through. He had emergency surgery at Mary bridge and we stayed 5 days in the hospital.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I am sorry that your son was so seriously injured while riding his bicycle. There are many parties that may be liable for his injuries . The county, city, state, or public agency that maintains the streets may be responsible for the bicycle accident. When city or county crews leave potholes unfixed, someone else can be injured by this road hazard. Potholes that aren't repaired are dangerous for cyclists and motorists. Speak with a local personal injury attorney who has experience with bicycle accidents. Generally there are no-obligation, free consultations where you can get all your legal questions concerning the accident answered.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC,, E-Mail: , Tel: (786) 501-6655


There are short notice requirements when suing a governmental entity, thus, retain a local personal injury lawyer for representation at once.


The city or municipality must have notice in order to be held responsible. Moreover, if the pothole is open and obvious, you may have another hurdle. Contact a local attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer