My son came home with injury after visiting his father in Maryland it was turned over to CPS told I need to subpoena the answers

Plainfield, IN |

My 3 year old son was visiting his father for a month came back with a 2.5 cm long laceration behind his right ear I took him right to the hospital when he came home. They said the injury was several days old they couldn't tell me what they thought had happened but it wasn't from a fall. My son came home very upset not only from being away from me for a month but I knew it was something else.. I called his father while at the hospital he told me he hadn't seen then the injury asked my son and he couldn't tell me.. After a few days of being back home with me he started opening up and told me his sister had told him she was going to cut his ear off and did with a knife while daddy was sleeping if he had told me this w/o the injury I might have questioned but it fit the injury.

I am not sure what the question is here?

Note that this answer is NOT a substitute for legal advice, nor does it create an attorney client relationship. Please consult with an attorney.

CPS did their investigation and came back with a great area said it was neglect on dads end but not intentional malicious harm I am looking to find out since I live in Indiana and the investigation and incident happened in Maryland CPS is telling me that I have to subpoena the answers from his father and his sister.. CPS says his father gave good explanation of what happened don't I has his mother have a right to know what happened? I am due to send him back this weekend I just want answers this wasn't such a little boy injury

My question is how do I subpoena the answers from CPS in another state I want answers on what happened to my son I have ever right to know.

Not sure why you need to subpoena unless something is going on in court about this. If so, get an attorney.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

I want answers on what happened his father won't return my calls or text and I have a right to know with the fact I am supposed to send him back for visitation soon I don't feel safe doing so...

If you were to see the pics of the injury you would understand my concern

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

Then I guess the only recourse would be to file a motion with the court to force him to answer. The motion would have to be related to our son.