Skip to main content

My son and I are receiving Medicaid and food stamps.

Houston, TX |

I reported that my husband and I were separated.. I did nor report a bank account That my husband was transferring money to from his IRA account to live off and pay bills. I reported that I pay the bills with the cash we have saved over the years. Now the attorney general wants him to pay child support. we have gotten back together. What's going to happen at this hearing? Are they going to know about this bank account? He does not work at the present time and neither do . Are they going to drop our benefits, They want him to bring his w2forms. we don't k now what to do or say..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It's never a great idea to admit to a crime [intentional Medicaid fraud or misrepresentation] on a public forum, especially unprompted. You desperately need individual consult with an attorney who knows Medicaid law and has some criminal law knowledge.

Lawrence Friedman, Bridgewater, NJ. Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the ABA approved National Elder Law Foundation, former Chair NJ State Bar Association Elder and Disabilities Law Section, Member Board of Consultors of NJSBA Real Property, Trusts & Estates Law Section, Vice Chair Special Needs Law Section of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation from N.Y.U. School of Law. Visit for articles and Q&A on elder law, special needs, wills, trusts, estates, and tax. Visit and subscribe for free timely updates to be delivered to your inbox. Information on both Avvo and does not constitute legal advice, as it is general in nature and may not apply to your situation or be subject to important changes. No attorney client relationship exists unless set forth in written engagement terms.


Attorney Friedman is giving you good advice. You need to heed it.

Responses provided on Avvo are for general informational purposes only, based upon the limited information that is provided, and do not constitute legal advice. As such you should consult with your own attorney for specific advice. No attorney/client relationship exists with Kelly S. Davis unless set forth in a written engagement letter. The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any attorney as a specialist or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer's credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise.


I concur with my colleagues-please consult with an attorney about your case and options.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer