Skip to main content

My son and I are being harassed by the women who my son had a child with. What can we do to make her stop?

Orlando, FL |

They have known each other since middle school. She claimed she was sterile due to a childhood accident, they had sex, she got pregnant, although he would like to have a relationship with his son she makes it so painful and frustrating that he has told her just to stop, he doesn't want anything to do with her. I tried to help her as she bounces from friends apartment to friends apartment with her son, my grandson, I got her a computer so she could pursue online courses, bought her tires, gave her furniture, told her I would help her in any way I can, I am paying the child support my son can't afford. She has decided I can no longer see my grandson and is harassing me about my son and the child support. We need help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your needs will be best met by retaining local experienced family law counsel. Here on the Avvo Q&A the caring and knowledgeable attorneys tat volunteer can provide accurate information about the law and legal procedure, but this format is ill-suited to advising strategy in a particular case.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.


Generally speaking, you don't have rights as a grandparent. If he wants to exercise his rights as a father, he needs to file a paternity suit and establish a time sharing schedule. When he has time sharing with his son, he can allow you to see your grandson. Ms. Sinclair is correct that you should retain an attorney to review the facts of your case and help you sort out the particulars.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******