Skip to main content

My school have not giving me my diploma i want to know how can i go to fight to get it off my back.

Decatur, GA |

Hi i have a question and wanted to know if this is something i can go forth with. I have been out of school for two years going on three and my school will not give me my diploma. I have to finish this one part of my graduation test that i have been having trouble to pass, but last year i try to send out a wavier but they denied it i am not sure why but i have taking this test over 10 times from being out of high school. i fell its not fair they would not let me waive this one part my mom told me to try to see my school can send another waiver but they can only do it once. I want to know how can I go about trying to fight to get my diploma I been out of school for 3 years now I have been studying taking classes it is really hard for me cause I cant move on with my life please if you can respond back thank you

+ Read More

Filed under: Education law Appeals
Attorney answers 1


I am sorry for your difficulty but the state requirements for graduation and therefore your diploma are there for a reason.

Have you researched the appeals process for the denial of your waiver? I would check with the state board of education. If you were on a 504 plan or IEP you may have other remedies. Good luck!

This answer contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may be protected by attorney-client privilege or work product doctorine. However, the mere receipt of this answer, alone, is not sufficient to create an attorney-client relationship. If the reader of this is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this answerer is strictly prohibited. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system that may occur while using data contained in, or transmitted with, this answer. Should the reader have any questions please feel free to contact Attorney Kotler at or 330-777-0065 Thank you and please indicate if you found this answer and / or the link(s) helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer