Skip to main content

My roommate smoke pot in her room and she have a six year old child i asked to leave and she does not wants to leave

Bronx, NY |

she rented the room 3 months ago, have only paid few time is smoking pot in her room while her daughter six years old in the room and just open the window. i asked to move out because of payment and agree to do it, but after the week past she was suppose to move out asked me for notice of eviciton and 30 days for her to move out

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hie a landlord tenant lawyer and commence an eviction proceeding. You can also call Child Protective Services (Administration for Children's Services) and report the drug usage.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


Without additional details, aside from calling social services or DSS, it's hard to say what your remedies are. Is she a sublet? Are you both on the lease? Depending on what your relationship is, you may or may not have standing to bring an eviction proceeding against her.

If you find this answer useful, please mark it as "Helpful". Likewise, if you believe it is the most responsive, please mark it as the "Best Answer". The information provided herein is for informational purposes only, and should not be relied upon or construed as legal advice or legal opinion. You should not rely upon the information provided at this site without seeking individual advice from an attorney. No attorney-client relationship can be assumed or created by this post.


My roommate does not want to leave?

Any attorney answering you will say it plain and simple: If you are correct, you are an adult person who should be a report an abused child:

Read more at:

Read more at:

Your "roommate" wants a notice of eviction likely for Social Services, but you do not need to comply as she may not need public assistance.

Instead, hire an attorney to make the necessary documents to rid yourself of the roommate through the legal process.

Good luck.

The answer provided to you is in the nature of general information. The general proposition being that you should try to avoid a bad outcome if you can.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer