Skip to main content

My right to know who my daughters with.

Orlando, FL |

When I take my ex to court for a paternity petition what all do I have the right to know after everything's said and done? I.e. Phone number, address, who's she's living with.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Assuming the court finds that you could suitably co-parent your child and grants you joint parental responsibility then you would have the right to know where your child lives when not with you and how to contact your child, etc.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


It seems like you answered your own question. Once everything is "said and done" you will be left with what is called a parenting plan. The parenting plan will govern everything, the time sharing each of you have, the shared parental responsibility, the communications methods, etc.

I would highly recommend consulting and retaining a local and experienced family law attorney to represent you in the paternity action.

Ophelia Bernal-Mora
Orlando Family Law Attorney

You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation since every case is different and not all information is relayed in an online question. The Law Office of Ophelia Bernal-Mora, P.A. is a family law firm located in Orlando, Florida, we invite you to contact us and welcome your calls at 407-354-5223. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


If you are declared the father, you should have rights to know your daughter's address, phone number and who they are living with. You will also have rights to timesharing with your child. and you will be obligated to pay child support. Good luck.

B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer