Skip to main content

My Resident Alien Card was stolen along with my wallet. How do I get a copy?

Tacoma, WA |

I'm currently trying to re-fi my home, and need to show my card, is there anything I might be able to give them that would help til I get a second ccard?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you made a copy of your card, that might suffice. Right now, it's taking 4 to 6 weeks to get a replacement after you file the proper request with USCIS.


Technically, you should always carry valid unexpired immigration documents on your person. If your card was stolen, you should file an I-90 immediately. Upon receiving your receipt notice, go to the local CIS with your valid, unexpired passport and have them stamp a "Temp I-551" in it. This is valid documentation of your status.