Skip to main content

My question is regarding age descimination. Been with the Co. for about 6 years. Also racial discrimination.

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

I've been with the Company for about 6 years. Went from route man to field supervisor, and was recently de-moted to route mechanic. I was transferred to an office where all the black employe are sent. I made an age discrimination complaint against a mid level supervisor, and manager pulled me into his office and threatened my job and made me withdraw my complaint. The company has segrigated all black employe's to a remote office, and reserved the main office for hispanic employe's. In my job I need certain support and materials, and I'm regularly denied. My major question is should I make another EEO type complaint to the HR department. How would it protect me?

Oh yeah I'm 60 years old, and beginning to show some grey hair. The company general manager touts that he wants a young dynamic staff

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You and the other discriminated employees should consult an employment lawyer, like Ben Murphey on this list 954-525-2345, to see whether all of you have a class action or other redress for this apparently systematic discrimination. If you push this, your job will probably come to an end; so be sure to also contact a guy like me to transfer your retirement accounts and to replace your group benefits.

Reach me at, (877) 411-3462, or (954) 900-2939. Do you know the consequences of your legal situation on your Financial & Estate Plan? I run a Florida law practice and a nationwide financial planning practice (411 Financial) in which I mostly work with people/families who have recently undergone a legal claim like personal injury, divorce, wrongful termination, etc. I find that money without purpose finds a way of getting spent; so I work with my clients to make sure that they have something to show for all of their troubles well after their legal claims are resolved. Securities and investment advisory services are offered through Brokers International Financial Services, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC, Panora, Iowa, Brokers International Financial Services, LLC is not affiliated with 411 Financial, 411 LegalDox, or 411 FlaLaw. Disclaimer: The response above is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, would significantly alter the above response.


Definitely contact an attorney. Sounds like there is something there worth pursuing.

My answering this question does not form an attorney-client relationship. Always retain a qualified attorney before taking any action. My office offers free consultations.


You may be facing both age and race discrimination. If you have been demoted and replaced by a younger worker, that my provide a basis for an age discrimination claim. On the other hand, if all or nearly all of the black employees are being sent to a remote office, and all the Hispanic employees remain at the main office, that may give rise to a race discrimination claim.

You should contact an employment lawyer and then contact the EEOC to file a charge of discrimination. Filing a charge with the EEOC is the first step in the process. Once you have filed a charge, it will give you some degree of protection, because your employer will probably be very hesitant to turn around and fire you (for fear of getting hit with a retaliation claim).

Bottom line: Contact an employment attorney.

Jonathan Pollard

My response to this question is a response to a hypothetical situation based on limited facts. I am not your attorney; you are not my client and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. If you need a lawyer, you should contact one in your area. If you would like to talk with me about your case, you can call my office.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer