Skip to main content

My po sent my case back to court because I had multiple violations on my interlock? What will happen now?

Houston, TX |

She said she wasn't happy with the violations she saw on there for 6 months but has never said anything or Warned me about anything she said there will be a warrant out for my arrest? What am I supposed to do I've never gotten any trouble before this offense and this is my first time messing up on probation

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


It isn't your first time "messing up on probation" because of "multiple violations" of interlock [and more?] Usually first time complaint doesn't require an attorney, but a warrant indicates that PO is taking this seriously, so you need an experienced DWi Attorney who can talk knowledgeably about interlock violations with the Judge. If these are alcohol related violations, the situation is especially bad and MUST be stopped. You and your attorney will need to explain what you can about violations occurred and most importantly, what changes will occur to prevent future violations.


My understanding is the probation officers in TX have a lot of power, and it is essential that you have a good relationship with yours. At this point, I suggest using avvo to find a locally experienced DUI attorney to discuss the best way to handle your situation. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen


Any time you face a warrant, your situation is serious. As has already been suggested, you need an experienced lawyer to fight for you. Having an otherwise clear criminal history is probably less important at this point than it was when your case was first addressed. The violations are going to paint a picture of you that may not be fairly representative of who you really are, but you now have gotten into a situation that requires good help. Be aware that there can be a number of reasons, having absolutely nothing to do with drinking alcoholic beverages, that will cause an interlock device to indicate a positive result. A well trained DUI attorney can help you explore those possible defenses.

I am only licensed in the State of West Virginia. Comments offered in my answers are intended strictly for the purpose of sharing ideas that person asking a question may want to consider. Legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your state and offered in the context of the attorney client relationship. No attorney-client relationship is offered or created by my answering this question.


What will happen now? My guess is you will go to jail.


You need to hire an attorney. What will happen depends on the judge. There is no way to know for certain what will happen, but you need to have a local attorney fighting for you.

DISCLAIMER The answer provided above serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer