Skip to main content

My pharmacy put the correct label on the bottle, but put the wrong pills in the bottle. What action can be taken ,

Grand Rapids, MI |

Can a pharmacy be sued for this?

+ Read More

Filed under: Medical malpractice
Attorney answers 4


Only if the mistake causes some damage. You can't just sue for a mistake unless some damage was done. I hope everything is ok.


It is lucky you weren't injured. Since you weren't injured, you can't sue. Go back to the pharmacy and have them rectify their mistake.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.

John K Lassen

John K Lassen


Informative website Philadelphia car accident attorney


People can sue about anything, but the real question is, do you have anything to collect? What have been your damages?

You may wish to report this error to the pharmacy board in your state.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.


I am a Michigan lawyer focusing my practice in such medical negligences cases. I hope you were not seriously injured by this reckless behavior. I would need more information to determine if there is a viable case here. Please feel free to call me if you want to discuss your rights and options in more detail.

Of course, this is not meant as legal advice nor does it establish any professional relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer