Skip to main content

My personal injury case is close my lawyer want return my emails. I recently found out my Medicare Set Aside Account is

Bell, CA |

close also. The money for this account was never put into this account. What happens to the money that was suppose to be set aside in to this account. Can I retrieve this money are not? If i can retrieve this money what is the legal way to do so?

+ Read More

Filed under: Personal injury
Attorney answers 8


You need to set a meeting with the attorney. If the attorney continues to refuse you can contact the state bar. Money for the Medicare set aside is usually put into an annuity by direct deposit from the insurance carrier, then disbursed to an account you have designated by the annuity company. All something your lawyer should help you establish


You should immediately have a face to face meeting with the attorney who represented you in the personal injury case.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Schedule a sit-down appointment with your lawyer to discuss.


Make sure you have exhausted all methods for communicating with your attorney before you begin a complaint with the state bar. Sometimes attorneys are busy for a day and cannot get back to you, but if several days have gone by without any form of contact then you should explore other options.


Call your attorney and set a meeting to go into his office ASAP and find out what is going on, it maybe they are trying to resolve the liens or figure out the costs before you are paid. if you don't get anywhere, then file a complaint with the State Bar of California.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.


If you can't reach the lawyer, call the disciplinary board, and they will reach him.

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630


See my previous answer. Demand a sit-down with your attorney.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


You need to speak with your attorney about these issues.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer