Skip to main content

My permanent resident card expired 2009, I recently applied for my U.S. passport, I lost my SS card.

Las Vegas, NV |

My question is, will I be able to obtain a new SS card if I show my receipt (that I applied for my passport), and I don't have naturalization papers, only my father since I was a minor when he became a citizen. I also have my driver's license.

Will this also be okay if I can show my receipt to my employer? So that way, while my passport is being processed I can finally start my new job?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Call the Social Security office.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |


Your question is unclear. You first say that your permanent resident card is expired and that you have applied for a US passport. If you are a Legal Permanent Resident you will not be getting a US passport. Regarding a your SS card, just call the SS administration office, they should tell you what to do.


Yes. Visit USCIS on infopass and have them issue you temporary evidence of permanent residence stamp. Also make a police report of the lost green card. You do not need to file I-90 if your application for N400 is already pending.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer