Skip to main content

My partner has been charged for disorderly behaviour here in the uk we are going to NYC in march will this effect his entry ?

New York, NY |

We are uk citizens this will be a 5 day holiday break

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


As long as the offence was minor and was not committed in the United States, I doubt that the U.S. will have any way of knowing about it. Also, even if the U.S. does know about it, it would be a discretionary matter for the customs officer and I think that most would simply look past such a minor offense.

Atty: 845-704-7777. This answer is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should not take action based upon this information without consulting legal counsel. This answer is not intended to create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship. PLEASE REMEMBER: All claims and legal matters have statutes of limitations and/or other important time periods that apply to them. This means that you must take action on all claims or legal matters within the required time period(s) or your claims could be barred by the statute of limitations or dismissed. Contact our office or another competent attorney immediately to discuss the particular facts of any claim or legal issue you might have in order to learn what time periods apply to your particular situation.


Probably not.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.