Skip to main content

My parents bought a manufactured home or trailer, mobile home, for a vacation home.

Whittier, CA |

When it was purchased, it was put in my name (daughter) as the sole owner. Now my Dad wants to put his name on the title, and include it in his will and give 1/2 to my brother. Since it is in my name only, he cant do that can he?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Not unless you sign your title over to him. As long as title is held in your name, and is properly recorded in the office of the County Recorded where the home is situated, then he cannot get title unless you sign it over to him. If it is not recorded, you had better do that right away. If he prepares a new document indicating that he holds title, and if he records it, and if you have not recorded your title, then you could lose title.