Skip to main content

My oven is not working in my apt and the landlord refuse to provide me a working oven what can i do

Columbia, MD |

my landlord will not provide me a working oven what can i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to file an action in District Court to pay your rent into escrow and request that your landlord fix the problem. Once fixed, the rent paid into escrow will be distributed to the landlord. has some information that may be useful to you.

This is NOT legal advice, is GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, and does NOT establish an Attorney/Client Relationship. Therefore my answer cannot address your specific legal situation and you should not rely upon my answer in your legal matter. I am an attorney licensed in Maryland.


I agree with Amanda. You also need to call Howard County to get an inspector to inspect your rental unit and to cite the landlord concerning the oven. That will put additional pressure on the landlord to get the oven working.