My OPT just expired on feb 15th. My husband is f-1 student. Could my husband apply for f-2 for me in my grace period?

Melbourne, FL |

I know I could stay here for two months after my OPT is expired. However, when my husband apply for f-2 for me in the grace period, I could stay in US or I have to go back to China to go through Embassy?

Filed under: Immigration

Best Answer

You can file I-539 to change status while in your grace period.

What is my current non- immigrant status in the grace period?

You can apply for change to F2

What is removal proceedings? Grace period does not equal to removal proceedings, am I right?

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown

Grace period is a period that permits you time in the US after completing the purpose for which you are authorized to be in the US

yes

www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.