Skip to main content

My nephew married a girl from the phillipines she got here 12/6/12 we were married 12/26/12

Bellflower, CA |

she is verbally abusive to my 13 yr old great nephew my great nephew has went from a a student to a f student. my nephews wife went to jail for domestic violence a couple of months ago my nephew wants to send her back to the phillipines he dosent want to be married to her anymore what does he have to do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Confusing question. Please restate.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleague. If the marriage was based in love 6 months ago, your nrphew may refuse to file forbthevremovsl of her conditions. This case sounds complicated and itbis best to consult an attorney.

Alexus P. Sham (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.


You start by your nephew marrying and end up with you marrying. Girl from the Philippines or any other place for that matter, is a not a toy or luggage. You cannot bring her in and then send her back when you do not like her any-longer. You do not want to be with her any longer, get a divorce, move out and get a life. Do not worry about her immigration status. She is an adult and will take care of herself, I am sure. Your nephew cannot "send her back" on a whim.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Your nephew should seek an attorney to help in this. A person just cant be sent back with a unilateral decision.