Skip to main content

My neighbors have an x-ray camera from military service. they have parties watch my family every single night. what do i do?

Lemoore, CA |

i feel tormented and constantly taunted by the remarks they make when i am with my wife at night. and when they yell remarks. this is not the only spyware they use.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Military "X-Ray" camera?? Doubtful.

Call police if you are being harassed. If you have enough documented, you might be able to take action in court.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.


If you can prove that this is happening, you have the basis for an invasion of privacy lawsuit, and it is also a violation of the California Penal Code, i.e., it is a crime. However, it seems highly unlikely that this is really happening, and instead sounds like someone is pulling your chain to get a rise out of you.

If you believe it is true, call the police and let them investigate. If they find various forms of surveillance equipment, you will get your proof, and they will likely be arrested.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


They may have a night vision monocular device, but unlikely x-ray.