Skip to main content

My neighbor has harassed me for a few years cops wont do anything he is now videoing my house because he said i dealt drugs

Sullivan, IL |

This man has verbally and emotionally harassed my family for almost three years ive told the police they say ignore him he has hatassed my company and he has called my kids bad names and told the police i am dealing drugs i am not he has defimated my character and now a video camera taping my house told the cops who is here and plate numbers im about to have a breakdown because noone will help me stop him he has even told my landlord awful things to get me kicked out i cant take it anymore is what he is doing illegal. I have childern im affraid for us and the kids too they cant even play in the front yard because of this they sit at the edge of the yard staring at our every move what can i do and are they doing anything illegal

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Try to get a restraining order against him, and find a local lawyer to try to sue him for harassment.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.


As an attorney who counsels restraining orders and lawsuits against neighbors only as a last resort, I nevertheless endorse that course on these facts. Enough is enough -- you are on solid ground to force the system to take note of your problem and provide some relief. Move promptly for a restraining order and then get good legal counsel for a lawsuit.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer