Skip to main content

My neice is pregnant and does not know who the father is she wants me to care for her newborn

Rocky Mount, NC |

Neice 22 yrs old 6 months pregnant. Does not know who father is has 1 child 2 years old does not want to take care if this baby wants to. Willingly sign guardianship to me what do we need to do in north Carolina

Neice has pending drug charges on her and will willingly sign guardianship of the baby to me can we have a contract drawn up giving me guardianship and 2e both sign and notarize it giving me the ability to make medical and educational decisions regarding this child

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


In most states there is a department which will conduct an investigation of your liviing conditions an then either approve or deny you and that reccomendation will than go to a judge who will generally rubber stamp it.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.


We routinely handle matters like this in the Rocky Mount area. There is a little more to it than you suggested, but we'll be glad to help. Just give us a call at 446-0042. Steve Stroud.