Skip to main content

My Mother was outside USA for 163 days from april 6 , 2012 to april 6, 2012 .Can she go out USA for 2 months this april 9 or 10?

Brooklyn, NY |

My mother is a Greencard holder. In 2009, 2010, 2011 my mother was outside USA for 40days each year but from 6th april 2012 to 6th april 2013 she was outside USA for 5.5 months ( 163 days ) . She went outside USA last year 6th april and came back after 3 months ,and was in USA for 3 months and again went out USA for 2.5 months and after that she is now in USA for last 3 months 21days ( april 6, 2013) .

SORRY IT WOULD BE APRIL 6, 2012 TO APRIL 6, 2013 . .. Cause my mother do not want to break the continuity of residency as she is applying for citizenship this year Nov as it would be her 5 years . THANK YOU

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

She will be OK

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Depends on the purpose of the trip besides the length.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.



(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.