Skip to main content

My mother wants to apply for US citizenship,she is 63 years old, but lack English abilities.

Los Angeles, CA |

She wants to take the citizenship test in her native language (Korean) but she doesn't meet the minimum age limit and she's only been in states for 5 years. Is there anyway to take it in Korean? She is at a very fragile mental state as she is going through severe anxiety and depression, so it's very difficult for her to learn English right now.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It might be possible to get an exemption if the mnetal state is severe enough that it will prevent her from learning the necessary english. Form N-648 should be filed with the N-400.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer