Skip to main content

My Mother's PMC Dr fired her for non comp, of Pain Mgmt.contract,after 20 + Bristol,TN. Is it legal to get Dr in VA?

Bristol, VA |

Mother is 84yrs. old (I am her daughter and primary caregiver). She has multiple severe health issues including Chronic Back Pain from surgery performed in 1972, stroke, afib, gastrparesis, severe arthritis,neuropathy,etc. She has been on Lortab over 10yrs. She recently signed PMGMT. contract in Oct. 2012 but, we was never able to get a copy. I had to take her to the ER on 01/29/2013 with excruciating back pain radiating down her left leg and foot. ER DR. done a back xray , said that her arthritis was severe compared to the last one. He prescribed 12 Lortab 5/500 mg for breakthrough pain, take it easy for several days & follow-up with her Dr. as he was away on vacation. I called her Ortho Dr., made appmnt.,had2 epidurals, min.relief. Now I can't find a DR to help her suffering.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to post your question on the medical side of Avvo but I don't see any reason your mother shouldn't find a doctor who will help her.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


You poste this on the lawyers side of avvo. The medical link is at

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


You can ask this on Avvo Health.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer