Skip to main content

My mother died on 6-4-2012 and I was wondering what I need to do to find out what is legally mine or if there is any inheritance

Orlando, FL |

She recently went on disability and it feels like someone is taking advantage of me and taking all my stuff and happiness. I became a victim in 2007 and have been requesting help but have been refused. She lived in Orlando and moved into a room for rent and really feel someone tried/did murder her in a slick way. Please if you have any information please let me know what I need to do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to have a consultation with a probate lawyer.


As Stephanie says, you should consult with a probate attorney. However, if she was on disability, you may also be able to report her case to the Department of Children and Families for investigation. The Fraud Division handles cases of elder exploitation when the person was receiving Medicaid or Disability.


Meet with probate attorney.
He/she can advise if probate case has been filed.
If not-you could start one to gain power to investigate
your suspicions

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer