Skip to main content

My moms boyfriends send me rude text messages everyday. Do I have a harassment suit on my hands?

Renton, WA |

Like calling me a hoe, locking me out the house after 9:30 or 10 pm even tho I'm 21 years old. Stalking me on my social networks. Keeps calling for no reason. Trying to call the police on me if I come to the house late. Playing on my phone as a different person.. All this because I been out of a job for a month and half almost. Oh when I didn't have a job he would hack my my phone from the computer and call my friends and say mean stuff about me. I have text messages from him still. He texts me everyday about something negative.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The court are not there as forum to entertain family drama even though it ends up that way often.

If you all reside together perhaps it is time to move out and get your place.

Regards to the harassment, what you described may certainly rise to that level but it depends. How often are the calls and messages coming? What are their content, etc?

I suggest you focus on your independence and ignore everything else. If you believe you have actionable claims against him you may want to bring the matter to your small claims court.

Best regards,
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.


Tell your Mom what is happening and ask her to resolve this problem as it is her boyfriend and not your father that you have to answer to. Perhaps he is just worried you are going to become a financial drag on the household and not go get another job which he finds intolerable. This is a family counseling type matter and not a legal matter as annoying as it might be....there is a price to pay when still under a parent's roof.

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained.


I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.