Skip to main content

My medical records were taken from my doctors office and sold to another party can I sue them for any privacy invasion.

Tampa, FL |

They (the doctors group) sent a letter saying they fired the person and were sorry.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


File a complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for the HIPAA violation. Whether you have a private right of action depends on state law. HIPAA doesn't have one.

Mr. Goldstein is a Virginia-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting Mitchell Goldstein or the Goldstein Law Group does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege until otherwise advised.