Skip to main content

My manager told 2 co - workers that i drunk texted him by mistake . I am a married woman woman of 10 years .

Fort Drum, NY |

He said he knew they were obviousvly meant for my boyfriend . Then he told them it he played along with it . My hubby is deployed to afghanastan right now . I was told this via text message by another co - worker that over heard the entire conversation . I have been harrassed and teased ever since . I have no memory of this conversation . Since i have confronted him he has cut my hours . He denied saying any of it , but i have proof from another co worker via text . The entire hospital thinks I'm having an affair now . Do i have a harrassment or defamation of character case ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Because its true its not defamation though it may be harassment. Damages would need to be present to bring a claim. If you have quantifiable damages to your reputation or finances than you may want to bring a claim but from what you did say it doesn't look like enough.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at



There is no boyfriend ,or any conversation with with my boss . I save every text even from my old phone . I have reviewed them all from . This makes no sense ?? He will not be able to show these so called conversations .


Schedule an appointment with an employment lawyer. Bring along any proof that you have at the consultation. Be careful in the future what and who you text.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or


Report the problem to HR dept, and discuss with a local employment lawyer.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Please thank your husband for his service. If he is a Marine, Semper Fi, Brother!

The advice given by the other attorneys here is excellent. You might also consider re-posting your question in an area dealing with this sort of civil law matter, as this forum deals with DWI.

Shame on the idiot boss.

Christopher I. Simser, Sr.
Anelli Xavier
269 West Jefferson Street, 2nd Floor
Syracuse, NY 13202


Go to HR and file a complaint. Show them your proof. Hire am attorney that handles employment litigation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer