Skip to main content

My license was recently suspended for ALLEGEDLY failing to pay a ticket eight years ago. I can't imagine that a collection

Los Angeles, CA |

agency could make assertions unchecked. I can't recall not paying an outstanding ticket and frankly don't believe I failed to do so. There has to be some level of due process here. Please advise on any recourse to challenge this government sponsored collection agency. Finally, is there some type of regulatory oversight regarding the interest charged as they claim I owe in excess of $1700 for a $300 ticket without a failure to appear.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to get a copy of your DMV record and see what the ticket is for and which court it is in. If you never dealt with ticket this matter can be resolved by getting the hold lifted off your license and setting matter for arraignment and then trial. An attorney can do this for you.

Andrew Roberts
(818) 597-0633


Unfortunately old tickets and warrants do show up unexpectedly. I have dealt with 2 client matters more than 20 years old that never showed on prior traffic stops. Go to the court where the ticket was heard and set it on calendar, or hire an attorney to take care of it for you.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Practicing throughout Southern California
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.


You need to appear in the court or have counsel do it for you. Bureaucracies never forget.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer